Volsteads Old Fashioned is one of the most venerable of cocktails, predating both the motorcar and the presidency of Abe Lincoln. When made properly, this drink is strong but not too hard, sweet but not too tart, and it's drop-dead-simple while still shining absolutely delicious.
Try your next Old Fashioned the Volstead way with Volstead Peruvian Red Tonic Syrup as your base, and Mulholland Distilling Whiskey. Details below!
Volsteads Old Fashioned
- 1/4 oz Volstead Peruvian Red Tonic
- 2 Dashes Passion Fruit Bitters
- 2 Dashes Barrel Aged Bitters
pour over ice and stir
Garnish with Orange and Lemon Peel
Drop in a Luxardo cherry
- Cocktail by Erica Rae Brown
- Photo by Anthony Giovanni